Jan 14, 2011

He's sooo good at being 2!

This is Kiwi-




He has a certain je ne sais quoi about him. He's 2 1/2 years old. He's crazy wild and rambunctious.

He reminds me of this guy:


Taz should have been his nickname instead of Kiwi.



Do you see the resemblance?

How about now?


He keeps me on my toes more than any of my other children did at the same age. I can't take my eyes off him for too long because when I do, he likes to take full advantage of the freedom which usually results in a mess for me to clean up. 
Last night for example, he took his sweet time eating dinner so I left him up at the table while everyone else had already finished eating, cleared their places and I'd already started on dishes.
Here's what I got for letting him sit there alone:

Mmm, quinoa. I'll just help myself.

Yummy!


Open wide!

There's the je ne sais quoi I was telling you about. Do you see it?

Not 10 minutes later, after I'd cleaned him up and brushed it all onto the floor for the dogs washed the table, I spotted an exhausted husband sitting on the couch and thought I could sneak an uninterrupted  cuddle next to him for about 1.5 minutes. I set Kiwi up in his newly organized playroom and thought I was safe. Surprisingly enough, he was playing so nice and quiet for about 10 minutes. Or so I thought...until I was summoned by my oldest daughter.

"MAMA-COME QUICK- AND  BRING YOUR CAMERA!"

 Apparently Kiwi had snuck into her room which is right off the playroom, and well...

He had shut himself in the dog crate!

He was so proud of his accomplishment.


How wrong is it that a little light bulb went off in my head at seeing him contained in there? Haha, just kidding...kind of...no really I'm kidding...mostly.

No comments: