Jan 28, 2006

My Student Council Star

Anakin got voted into Student Council! She is so proud. She ran last year but didn't get enough votes. She was of course, disappointed, but tried again. She was walking around the house practicing her speech for days. I think I could have rehearsed it by memory after about the 3rd day. I am so proud. She thinks it's cool that she started student council in the same grade that I was in. She has quite the social calendar already. She is in basketball 3 mornings a week, and student council meetings every Tuesday, and she is in the yearbook club one day a week after school. Akira also keeps herself busy at school. There have been a few notes sent home about her talking in class. When I ask her about it this has been her reply: "But Mommy, my friends and I don't have enough time to talk to each other!" Any ideas? This is going to come as quite a shock to some of you...she is in Art and Drama Club!!! Who'd ever guess?! Only anyone who has known her for at least 20 seconds! My dad has been warning me about her since she was about 3 months old. She got a guitar for Christmas and is absolutely loving it. Most days she can be found on our front porch with her piggy bank next to her, trying to earn tips! Seriously.

No comments: