Jan 5, 2006

Graves Disease

Well, all the test results are in and my vampire doctor has had enough. I've been told I have Graves Disease. This is not a life-threatening disease, unless it goes untreated. This affects about 1% of the population, mostly women in childbearing years. The shoe fits. I have been studying Graves disease, and I've got to be honest, I'm a little relieved. It's nice to know I haven't been going crazy for the past few years. All the signs and symptoms are like reading a story of my life. I am on some new medication that is "helping" the symptoms. It makes me very nauseous. Imagine morning sickness x 10! So if you see me walking around with a bag of Saltines, don't worry. This is the 2nd auto-immune disease I've been diagnosed with in 2 years, so I am now seeing an Endocronologist. Also have learned how to take my own blood pressure, and I take my temp daily (orally of course). I have been taking 10 pills everyday, this is to prep my body for a Radioactive Iodine treatment that will basically kill off my thyroid and then I will be on Thyroid medicine for the rest of my life. I would like to investigate this procedure further before I consent to it. My new Dr would like to have this done within the next 6 weeks. So just thought I'd send an update. All is well on the homefront, the kids are getting real good at making their own dinner. Just kidding, kinda. Love and kisses to everyone.

No comments: