Mar 15, 2009

Who will be on poop patrol?

The kids and I went to the Humane Society today and spent almost 5 hours there looking at dogs. I found 2 that I want to be mine so badly. I'm pretty sure I should wait till Hoss gets home but man was I tempted to bring them home NOW! Here are my reasons:


1. He would say yes anyway, I'd only have to ask.


2. He is gone so much, the pooch would be mainly my responsibility.


3. I'm still a little sore about him taking a job without talking to me about it 1st. (who me? hold a grudge? nah.)


It was so hard to leave without bringing at least 1 of them home. This coming from the girl that was terrified of dogs as a young girl. I still remember being bit on the butt by a little yippy thing in the 4th grade. *shudder at the memory*
Jazz is 14 and we both think it would be better to get a dog now while she is still with us rather than after. We keep telling ourselves it won't feel like she is being replaced if we do it that way. It is going to be so hard. Somedays she acts her age, very slow and tired and her back legs have started to give out on stairs. Other days she acts like a puppy and doesn't slow down. I remember when Hoss and I first got married, she would go on hunger strikes whenever he left town. She would lay by the front door of our townhome and refuse to eat until he returned. I think she was just pouting because I took over "her" recliner. Hoss had a matching set of leather recliners and one was his and the other belonged to her. She ignored me for the first 3 months of our marriage unless she was taking a moment to stick her tongue out at me. (I swear she used to do it!) Now she is my buddy. She is still Hoss' lap dog (only because he is the only one with a lap big enough to hold her) but she and I are close. She wasn't quite sure what to think of the dogs we visited today. One we will probably end up getting is a 5 yr old male blue heeler. A little overweight, but we can fix that by taking long walks. The other I fell in love with was an 8 year old male Boston Terrier. We need to hurry up and move out of the city so I can get them all! This is Snickers:
This is Domino:





I want him. *sigh*

1 comment:

Tia said...

I cannot believe your husband doesn't know you got a freaking dog.